Did you know that singing Kung Fu Fighting is racist?

A pub singer has been arrested on suspicion of racism for singing the classic chart hit Kung Fu Fighting.

The song, performed by Simon Ledger, 34, is said to have offended two Chinese people as they walked past the bar where he was singing.

The entertainer regularly performs the 1974 number one hit, originally by disco star Carl Douglas, at the Driftwood Beach Bar in Sandown, on the Isle of Wight.

There are days where I swear it isn't worth getting up in the morning for fear of offending someone. Like when the new Korean family moved in across the street they were offended when I asked him the owned a laundry. I never get offended when people I meet ask me if I'm accountant when they find out I'm Jewish. What should they ask, if I'm an NBA player?


source

No comments:

Post a Comment